What is Street Fighter Alpha 3?
Street Fighter Alpha 3 is a fighting game that was released by Capcom in 1998. It is the third game in the Street Fighter Alpha series, which is a prequel to the original Street Fighter games.
Street Fighter Alpha 3 features a roster of over 30 playable characters, each with their unique moves and fighting styles. The game also introduced several new gameplay mechanics, such as the ability to choose between different fighting styles for each character, and the “Custom Combo” system, which allows players to create their combos by stringing together different moves.
The action-packed fights are still very intense. It’s always fun to have three street fighters on the screen at once, but it can be difficult if you’re up against two competent machine AIs or perhaps two skilled human opponents. The numerous Dramatic Battle modes in SFA3: Max, at the very least, are superior to the “limited” Dramatic Battle available in the game’s original Playstation release.
How to play?
Here are some of the basic rules of Street Fighter Alpha 3:
- Objective: The objective of the game is to defeat your opponent in a one-on-one fight by reducing their health to zero.
- Controls: The game is played using a joystick and six buttons – three for punches (light, medium, and heavy) and three for kicks (light, medium, and heavy).
- Character Selection: Before the fight begins, each player selects a character to play as. Each character has their unique moves, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Rounds: A match consists of three rounds, and the player who wins two rounds first wins the match.
- Time Limit: Each round has a time limit of 99 seconds. If neither player has been defeated by the end of the time limit, the player with more health remaining wins the round. If both players have an equal amount of health remaining, the round is declared a draw, and another round is played.
- Special Moves: Each character has a set of special moves that can be executed by inputting specific joystick and button combinations. These moves are more powerful than regular attacks and can be used to gain an advantage in the fight.
- Super Combos: Super Combos are extremely powerful moves that can only be executed when the Super Combo Gauge is full. This gauge fills up as the player performs attacks and takes damage.